A Career Move to the UK
Due to the strength of the British pound, you will have the opportunity to earn far more that in your home country. Your salary will lead to a better quality of life and a marked financial improvement.
Healthcare and Education
The UK prides itself on superior healthcare and educational institutions offering free medical and education services. Whilst living and working in the UK you may take advantage of specialised health plans at hugely subsidized rates. Free adult education is also provided for at a number of reputable schools and universities throughout the country.
As an employee in the UK, you will have access to these five major social security benefits via your National Insurance Number which you’ll receive when you start working:
1. National Insurance (NI): Under this benefit financial assistance is provided to employees in case of sickness, unemployment, death of a partner, retirement, among others. Those who pay National Insurance contributions are eligible for these benefits.
2. National Health Service (NHS): This service provides the medical, optical and dental treatment. It is generally free for residents in the UK.
3. Child Benefit and Child Tax Credit: This scheme provides cash benefits for people who are raising children.
4. Non-contributory Benefits: This is for certain disabled people or careers.
5. Other statutory payments made by employers to employees: These include maternity, paternity, adoption leave, etc.
Your National Insurance (NI) contributions will also entitle you to important benefits such as pensions or insurance of you lose your job or fall sick. The other benefits of NI are:
• Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
• Income Support
• Housing Benefit
• Council Tax Support/Reduction
• Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
• Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
Whilst you may only be considering a temporary move to the UK at this stage, it is important to be aware of the opportunity of permanent residency status. After working in the UK for at least five years you can apply for permanent residency which offers the freedom to live and work in the UK without requiring a visa.
A move to the UK offers huge career and life advancement opportunities and our friendly Talent Managers are here to guide you every step of the way. At GAP Talent we don’t just recruit… WE CHANGE LIVES!