Resort Senior Chief Engineer
Our client is a global listed hospitality group with diverse locations globally is seeking a Resort Senior Chief Engineer to be based in Saint Kitts.
The successful candidate will oversee the engineering responsibilities for a 500 room resort and water parkland, and will manage a stable team of around 20 skilled staff. You’ll need to be a highly motivated, energetic and inspirational leader who can work to sound structure and processes, as well as being a highly adaptable problem solver.
The successful candidate will need to be able to relocate, with financial help of the company, within the next 8 weeks.
Package designed to be attractive, including relocation, vehicle allowance and housing allowance or subsidy.
Specific Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Extensive knowledge of building trades, electrical, mechanical, HVAC&R, plumbing and general building practices
- Knowledge of life safety systems – HVAC a strong focus
- Knowledge of facility regulations and safety standards (OSHA, EPA, AD, CFC, NFPA)
- Strong project management skills
- Knowledge of purchasing, inventory controls, supplies and equipment
- Working knowledge of hotel operations and laws governing operations
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong energy management systems control and monitoring
- Strategic planning skills
- Ability to effectively manage labour productivity
- Financial management skills, for example, ability to analyse P&L statements, develop operation and utility budgets, forecasting and capital expenditure planning
- Ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems
- Ability to take constructive action without relying on directions from others
- Ability to exercise flexibility in order to accomplish goals
- Effective decision-making skills in order to minimise / manage risk (Risk Assessment)
- Strong problem-solving skills, encourages new innovative solutions when appropriate
- Strong communication skills ( verbal, listening, writing)
- Strong customer and team member relation skills
- Emergency, EHS management and disaster preparedness
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar capacity
- Strong background and experience in HVAC
- Must possess at least a first degree in Civil/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management
- Certification as required to comply with local and national codes: ( Certified Engineering Operations Executive (CEOE) or Certified Facility Manager (CFM), Certified Energy Manager (CEM) should be obtained by the candidate
- Hospitality experience of a large hotel or resort