Electrical Designer – South Africa
GAP Talent are on the search for an Electrical Design Engineer specializing in providing exceptional Electrical Engineering solutions with Operations in both South Africa and the UK/EMEA.
- Utilize your expertise to contribute to the development of electrical building services designs, specializing in lighting design, small power design, and LV power distribution design.
- Conduct protective device discrimination studies to ensure the reliability and safety of electrical systems.
- Collaborate with clients, architects, sub-consultants, and other team members to understand project requirements and deliver high-quality solutions.
- Manage your own workload effectively, ensuring timely delivery of projects in line with scope and program expectations.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant design experience.
- Qualified Electrical Engineer or BTECH in Electrical/Electronics/Building Services Engineering.
- Registered or working towards chartership.
- Competent in using Trimble Prodesign and Dialux Evo.
- Proven proficiency in outline and detailed design report writing.
- Familiarity with the RIBA design framework.
- Proficiency with British Standards is an advantage.
- UK experience or railway experience is considered a bonus.
- Ability to work independently, self-motivate, and take ownership of tasks.
- Excellent communication skills to liaise effectively with clients and team members.
- Experience in managing own workload and assisting team members.
- Comfortable with remote work and different time zones.
- Competitive salary
- Remote work flexibility
- Professional development opportunities
- Collaborative and inclusive work environment