Finance Lead – United Kingdom
A market leading insurance company is seeking a Finance lead to run the entire Finance function and work directly with the CEO, operations manager and shareholders. Handling and taking responsibility for the entire finance function including day-to-day finance operations of the business.
This role can be performed part-time OR full time. This is a 30 hour working week and is a highly flexible position
- Handling and taking responsibility for the entire finance function including day-to-day finance operations of the business.
- Give input to the overall strategy of the business.
- Preparing monthly management accounts with analysis, KPIs and commentaries.
- Preparation of insurance-specific functions such as insurance, premium accounts, reconciliations, etc.
- Working with our experienced Operations Manager who is responsible for our transactional finance (SP/AR/bank/payroll/expenses etc.) and month-end processes.
- Working with our third-party accountants to manage the preparation of the year-end financial statements, the audit process, statutory submissions, and tax related submissions.
- Responsible for the budgeting and forecasting process throughout the year.
- Working closely with the CEO, management team, shareholders, and the insurance carrier to provide financial guidance and support.
- Using technology to build out and automate a system of financial processes and controls.
- Ensure compliance with financial regulations and standards.
- ACA, ACCA (essential)
- 5 years+ in a senior finance role
- High degree of commercial accumen
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Mathematical and data driven approach
- Advanced Excel is a must, as well as Xero + additional automation tools
£70,000/yr – £85,000/yr