Junior Accountant – United Kingdom
Are you a motivated and detail-oriented individual looking to kick-start your career in finance? We are currently seeking a talented Junior Accountant or Part-Qualified Accountant to join our prestigious private equity firm.
Our private equity firm is a leading player in the investment industry, specializing in identifying, acquiring, and managing a diverse portfolio of companies. With a strong track record of success and a commitment to excellence, we offer a dynamic and collaborative work environment where innovation and growth are encouraged.
If you are part-qualified the company will provide you with study leave and finance your studies.
- Assisting with the preparation and analysis of financial statements, ensuring accuracy and compliance with relevant regulations and standards.
- Managing accounts payable and accounts receivable processes, including invoice processing, vendor management, and client billing.
- Conducting bank and account reconciliations to ensure accurate recording of transactions.
- Assisting with the preparation of periodic financial reports and performance analysis for internal and external stakeholders.
- Assisting in the coordination of annual audits and tax filings.
- Contributing to the development and improvement of accounting processes and systems.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams, including investment professionals and operations staff, to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Keeping abreast of industry trends, regulations, and best practices in accounting and finance.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in accounting, finance, or a related field. Experience in private equity or investment management is a plus.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other accounting software.
- Excellent analytical skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with team members and stakeholders.
- Professional certifications such as CPA or CFA, ACCA, ACA OR CA(SA) are preferred but not required.
Please note, this role does not offer sponsorship. You will need the right to work in the UK.