An exciting new Resort Property set in an idyllic Caribbean location is seeking an ambitious energetic MEP Project Engineer.
A client which is a global listed Hotel and Resort operator is looking for someone who can grow and develop within the group so are open to consider less experienced candidates if they have a solid grounding and strong qualifications who will be strongly supported by a industry leading project manager. The primary goal of the position will be to ensure that all technical aspects of new build and refurbishing projects are properly considered, designed, implemented and completed.
We are also seeking 3 positions and a more junior level for other properties.
The successful person will need to be mobile as the location is relatively remote. Although a certainly enough amenities shops, restaurants, and exciting activities unfortunately expat schools are limited for high school age, though a number of great options for younger kids.
What’s on offer:
- Great salary, UK market rate designed to be attractive.
- Housing Allowances to cover accommodation, in beautiful expat friendly location.
- Relocation allowance, shipping with flight
- Full work permits costs covered.
- Car allowance
- An opportunity to work on some of the most exciting an innovative projects in the market
MEP Engineer RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To lead, direct, co-ordinate and arrange supervision and implementation of the MEP aspect of projects with the rest of the team
- Have a detailed understanding of the Contract documents (drawings and specifications), phasing plans, MEP systems interrelationships, construction sequencing and project schedule.
- Facilitate problem solving, as may arise, between MEP Subcontractors during construction.
- Validate design issues related to MEP and suggest alternative solutions.
- Assist in the receipt and review of MEP submittals.
- Log and post all MEP changes and as-built information on field drawings.
- Assist in the scope review, budgeting and justification of MEP change work order.
- Ensuring maintainability of assets
- Optimization of equipment reliability and infrastructure
- Assist in the installation of MEP work.
- Direct, monitor and control the activities of MEP Subcontractor.
- Coordination and administration of MEP related materials, systems and shop drawings submittals.
- Liaison with Consultant MEP supervisory Engineers, Inspectors and relevant staff.
- Ensure that MEP Subcontractors provides and adheres to relevant Quality documentation/records.
- Ensure that MEP Subcontractors adheres to Project safety regulations.
- Assist in the testing and commissioning of MEP equipment.
MEP Engineer REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Mechanical or Electrical University degree in Engineering
- Working knowledge of plans, prints, specifications and schematics associated with trade
- 10 years of construction experience with working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and plumbing
- Knowledge of Building trades, MEP, HVAC&R and general building practices
- Knowledge of Local (an advantage) and International building codes
- Knowledge of Facility regulations, safety codes and standards (OSHA, EPA, AD, CFC, NFPA, ASHRAE, NEC)
- Knowledge of Hotel operations and laws governing operations
Apply today to learn more:
Emél van Zyl / Associate Director
+44 (0)207 048 2555