National Recruitment Director – Pretoria, South Africa
As the National Recruitment director you will support GAP Talent’s South African delivery function. In your role, you will be part of the senior leadership team driving business growth and operational excellence for the entire business.
You will be based in our Pretoria office in South Africa, focused on leading the specialist Recruitment teams to ensure an effective end to end delivery of all recruitment projects for all clients, globally.
You will drive the strategic planning and growth for the business in South Africa. This will include delivering improvements in the recruiting infrastructure and operations at scale, effective capacity management based on current and future business projects, as well as canvassing for new business and building on GAP Talent’s employer brand in South Africa and other markets.
- Forming an integral part of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and working with the Directors based in UK and Ireland, you will create and lead the overarching strategy for GAP Talent and ensure best in class execution of this strategy across the service delivery team
- Design, plan and execute employer branding activities with the aim to expand and grow the GAP Talent Business in South Africa and beyond, developing the South African market and talent pool to become a profitable revenue stream for the business
- Effectively manage the South African GAP Talent office, overseeing all operations, deliver budgets, driving a culture of engagement, support and world class standards
- Empower, enable, mentor and motivate the Service Delivery team to confidently manage all recruitment projects and key stakeholder management so that all projects are managed effectively and timeously, ensuring appropriate capacity management across all projects
- Be the GAP Talent representative on all key projects with our key clients in absence of other SLT, entertaining, trouble shooting and ensuring relationships are well developed and strong
- Initiate and lead collaboration across the GAP Talent business to ensure a trusted partnership driven approach with all departments
- Work hand in hand with the HR Lead to develop a positive, happy environment for GAP Talent individuals where the retention and wellbeing of all staff is priority
- You will own and drive business development within the South African market, mapping and winning new, high-end clients and ensuring the Service Delivery team effectively delivers against client recruitment needs
- As well as being responsible for the end-to-end recruitment process for your teams across all markets (London, South Africa and Ireland) you will also drive continuous improvement and best in class processes throughout the business
- You have a #HighSenseOfOwnership and believe in always optimizing operational process flows and looking for ways to deliver a consistent, scallable, customer-centric recruitment experience to all stakeholders
- You will be an expert in the GAP Talent business model, being a role model for the GAP Talent vision, mission and values, in everyday activities and behaviours
Skills and Experience needed:
- Proven management and leadership experience
- Extensive years of experience in talent acquisition and employer brand in a global recruitment operation
- Commitment and drive to push for growth
- Strong professional track record
- You’ll bring proven partnering experience with stakeholders at all levels and have excellent relationship management skills with a strong ability to influence and negotiate at senior levels of business
- Your communication skills, both verbal and written, will be first class and you’ll be able to influence outcomes through your relationships
- Proven examples of previous business development experience
- Passion for process optimization and a focus on continuous improvement
- Proven track record of building and leading diverse, geographically dispersed teams on a global level
- Data-driven mindset with strong business sense and the ability to use data to tell stories and determine current staffing needs and forecasts
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Passionate about thought leadership using your networks to learn and strive for best practice
- You are a structured and organized individual who can manage multiple projects simultaneously and make high quality decisions quickly
- Know how to have FUN!
We value the following in our employees:
Professionalism in both soft and hard skills; motivation to grow, learn and share, positive attitude, flexibility, transparency, ownership and the most important – passion and commitment.
GAP Talent is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.