Procurement Manager – Montego Bay, St James, Jamaica
GAP Talent is looking for an innovative procurement manager to join our client’s procurement team. You will be involved in the purchasing process from selecting suppliers to ensuring stock optimization, as well as providing guidance on sourcing and procurement processes.
Our procurement manager will be a supply chain and logistics expert who will specialize in implementing cost-effective purchases of all goods and services, as required by the company. Ensuring quality control and adhering to the company’s policies and procedures on supply chain management will be some of your main priorities when carrying out this role.
Procurement Manager Responsibilities:
- Developing procurement strategies that are innovative and cost-effective.
- Sourcing and engaging reliable suppliers and vendors.
- Negotiating with suppliers and vendors to secure advantageous terms.
- Reviewing existing contracts with suppliers and vendors to ensure on-going feasibility.
- Building and maintaining long-term relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Approving purchase orders and organizing and confirming delivery of goods and services.
- Performing risk assessments on potential contracts and agreements.
- Controlling the procurement budget and promoting a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Preparing procurement reports.
Procurement Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, logistics, or business administration.
- Proven experience managing supply chain operations.
- Experience using supply chain management software and tools
- In-depth knowledge of preparing and reviewing contracts, invoicing, and negotiation terms.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access).
- Management and leadership skills.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Send us your CV today.
Craig Hallowes / Talent Manager
+44 (0)207 048 2555