Projects and Events Manager – Pretoria, South Africa
About the Role:
The main purpose of this role is to provide excellent events, office and travel management support to all staff in all locations (South Africa, UK and Ireland) and to help drive team productivity and efficiency in order to achieve the required company targets and results, focusing on Travel and Event management, Office & Space Management and Health & Safety.
Duties & Responsibilities / Role Outline:
- Overall logistics and end to end management of all key recruitment projects in South Africa.
- Manage all travel requirements for staff travel, including flights, hotels, taxis and/or transfers.
- Work closely with the Service Delivery Lead and Relationship Managers on recruitment projects, agreeing budget and plan up front and manage all aspects of travel for staff and clients, including flights, hotels, taxis and/or transfers and being the key contact and liaison for logistics for these projects for staff and clients, with requirement to work after hours during these project events
- Be a visible presence on the ground to support clients with all their needs for the key recruitment projects (approx. 12/year), which may involve travel to other GAP Talent locations internationally.
- Work closely with the Service Delivery Lead to manage and support on additional Recruitment Events within South Africa to support new business opportunities
- Liaise with local hotels and events companies to find best deals and manage and maintain these relationships
- Work with the GAP Talent social committee to help with organising the internal company events in all locations
- Manage all aspects of the rented space in all locations i.e. lease management; health & safety processes and regulations, functionality, furniture, tidiness, cleaning and/or management of cleaning/maintenance companies etc.
- Control the purchasing of office supplies, e.g. stationery, sanitary products, coffee, etc. for all locations.
- Organise access and parking bays within the buildings or any similar facilities in all locations.
- Overall Maintenance and Repairs for all locations, ensuring mandatory planned services are conducted when required
- Work closely with the Head of Operations to manage the annual F&S budget
- Ensure all Health & Safety standards are always up to date and that staff receive adequate training and certification where necessary.
- Recruit and manage Fire Marshals and First Aiders within each location – Arrange all required Training for all
- Evaluate, and improve the efficiency of office processes and procedures to enhance productivity, quality, efficiency, and output
- Conduct working conditions and risk assessments, asset checks and fire evacuation drills as required.
- Drive awareness and compliance relating to all relevant workplace policies and procedures
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Tertiary education or equivalent in a related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience working across global locations would be an advantage
- Proven experience in Project and process management
- Exceptional service orientation and can-do attitude with a strong service culture
- Stress resistant – should be able to perform under high quality / time pressure working across multiple projects and tasks
- Team player approach
- High use of initiative and ability to make decisions and drive action pro-actively
- Proven knowledge and experience within facilities, supervision, and contractor management
- Demonstration of excellent Interpersonal relationship building
Please note that if you haven’t heard from us in 2 weeks, your application was unfortunately unsuccessful.
Send your CV to: