Are you an experienced HR Business Partner looking for that next step where you create and own the people strategy; partnering with the Leadership team to shape business strategy and influence and drive all people decisions? Then this role is for you!
Come and join GAP Talent – a niche talent solutions company whose motto is “We Change Lives”. Alongside our UK, Ireland and South African offices, our Guildford team has grown from 3 people to a team of 30 in just 2 years. We have big growth ambitions and we’re looking for a People Partner to work with us to help shape and drive that growth.
You will be the strategic People Business Partner to the GAP Talent Leadership team, acting as a facilitator and influencer on all people topics, from Hire to Retire. You will partner with the Leadership team and People Managers in all GAP Talent locations (UK, Ireland and South Africa) on key people topics including talent management, learning and development; succession; resourcing and performance management. You and your team will provide the best people solutions to attract, develop, motivate and retain GAP Talent staff.
- Working closely with the Leadership team to create the people strategy that supports the future business plan and ensure effective implementation of this strategy.
- Focus and drive the people initiatives within GAP Talent – Culture; Leadership and Performance.
- Ensure that all aspects of staffing, employee relations, performance management and compensation & benefits for all employees are delivered timeously and in accordance with relevant local labor legislation, and inline with GAP Talent guidelines, ensuring that the company always adheres to best practices.
- Own and drive all aspects of reward and recognition for GAP Talent staff, working closely with the Leadership team to develop an overall compensation & benefit framework that aligns with best practice and serves to retain and motivate GAP Talent staff.
- Working closely with the Head of Operations and Leadership team to ensure all HR practices, policies and processes are in place and well understood and implemented.
- Manage the recruitment process for all internal GAP Talent staff – working closely with the People Managers to ensure job descriptions are up to date, roles are advertised and a robust and fair recruitment process is followed.
- Create opportunities to promote high employee engagement through effective motivation, coaching, training and development of staff.
- Work closely with People Managers to ensure appropriate development plans are in place and delivered (personally or via third parties) for staff.
- Influence and coach Leadership team and People Managers to ensure relevant people topics are understood and implemented in the business.
- Support Leadership team to write and communicate all relevant people related topics
- Manage the HR and Office Administrator to ensure all relevant people administration/ operational topics are well executed.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Tertiary qualification or equivalent in related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive experience in Human Resources Management
- Chartered CIPD member
- Must have the ability to interact/influence at all levels and manage multiple stakeholders
- Proven experience as a strategic People Business Partner
- Strong coaching skills necessary to ensure the drive towards high-performance culture and delivery of people goals
- A good understanding of the business – commercial and operations
- Sense of drive and urgency for all people topics
- Proven experience in MS-Office
- Clear confident and professional Communication & Interpersonal skills.
- Highly organised, ability to prioritise and multitask
- High level of initiative – being resourceful in approach while ensuring compliance on all people topics