Join GAP Talent – we’re a niche talent solutions company with offices in the UK, Ireland and South Africa and our motto is “We Change Lives”.
We’re the largest supplier of South African Finance Professionals to the world and our Pretoria team is growing. We’re looking for an Events and Travel Manager to be based in our Pretoria office.
The main purpose of this role is to provide events and travel management support to all staff in all locations (South Africa, UK and Ireland) and to help drive team productivity and efficiency in order to achieve the required company targets and results with focus on Travel and Event Management, Office & Space Management and Health and Safety. Alongside these responsibilities, some general office support will be included.
- Overall logistics (travel & events) and end to end management of all key recruitment projects in South Africa
- Manage all travel requirements for staff travel, including flights, hotels, taxis and/or transfers.
- Work closely with the Service Delivery Lead and Relationship Managers on recruitment projects, agreeing budget and plans upfront including managing all aspects of travel for staff and clients, including flights, hotels, taxis and/or transfers and being the key contact and liaison for logistics for these projects, for staff and clients, with a requirement to work after hours during these project events.
- Be a visible presence on the ground in support of clients with all their needs for the key recruitment projects (approx. 12/year), which may involve travel to other GAP Talent locations internationally.
- Work closely with the Service Delivery Lead to manage and support additional Recruitment Events within South Africa and to support new business opportunities
- Liaise with local hotels and events companies to find best deals and manage and maintain these relationships
- Work with the GAP Talent social committee to help with organising the internal company events in all locations
- Manage all aspects of the rented space in all locations i.e. lease management; health & safety processes and regulations, functionality, furniture, tidiness, cleaning and or management of cleaning/maintenance companies etc.
- Control the purchasing of office supplies, e.g. stationery, sanitary products, coffee, etc. for all locations.
- Organise access and parking bays within the buildings or any similar facilities in all locations.
- Overall maintenance and repairs for all locations, ensuring mandatory planned services are conducted when required
- Work closely with the Head of Operations to manage the annual F&S budget
- Ensure all H&S standards are always up to date and that staff receive adequate training and certification where necessary.
- Recruit and manage Fire Marshals and First Aiders within each location – arrange all required training
- Evaluate and improve the efficiency of office processes and procedures to enhance productivity, quality, efficiency and output
- Conduct working conditions and risk assessments, asset checks and fire evacuation drills as required.
- Drive awareness and compliance relating to all relevant workplace policies and procedures
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Tertiary education or equivalent in a related field
- Experience working across global locations would be an advantage
- Proven experience in project and process management
- Exceptional service orientation and can-do attitude with a strong service culture
- Stress resistant – should be able to perform at high quality under time pressure working across multiple projects and tasks
- Team player approach
- High use of initiative and ability to make decisions and drive action pro-actively
- Proven knowledge and experience within facilities, supervision and contractor management
- Demonstration of excellent Interpersonal relationship building
Send your CV to: