£120,000/yr – £180,000/yr
A brand new Resort from part of a global listed brand is seeking a General Manager for this exclusive 5-star 300 room property in the Caribbean. Full location and brand will be disclosed to shortlisted applications.
The General Manager will be responsible for the daily operation of the resort, to improve and maintain a high quality of service that of the property. He/she will be expected to give direction to all management staff at the assigned property and to ensure that this direction being in line with that of the company’s is imparted and upheld by all Team Members on property. He/She will be expected to manage the property’s income and expenditure, additionally ensuring that on property revenue is continually increased.
- You will be a proven leader and manager of similar 5-star properties
- Ability to manage, inspire and engage with staff up to 300 individuals
- Strong problem-solving abilities with a hands on attitude.
- High level of flexibility required, and ability to relocate in up to 10 to 12 weeks.
- Charismatic “people person”, and can lead from the front.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Computer literate with computer application and software i.e. Windows/ Excel/ Access/ Outlook. Ability to input and access information from a computer;
- Minimum Bsc. Preferably in Hospitality from a recognized institution;
- Minimum ten (10) years work experience in the Hotel Industry;
- Proven track record of General Management of a 4 or 5-star resort.
- International experience and at a foreign language an advantage;
- Food and Beverage experience and the ability to manage multiple outlets – Food & Beverage revenue.
Specific Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Ability to manage a 300 rooms or more hotel;
- Excellent Organizational Skills; an ability to lead multiple departments
- Have a sound knowledge of budgetary control
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to focus on details
- Ability to effectively multitask
- Outstanding team leadership skills
- Understanding and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
What’s On offer:
- A executive level salary, designed to be attractive based on experience.
- Housing allowance/ subsidy or provided
- Work permits paid
- Relocation allowance
- Opportunity for great bonus and company incentives.
Note: Due to the somewhat remote location of the property, schooling options are limited.
If you feel you have the right skills and ability to relocate to the Caribbean full time for a 4 year contract with options to extend apply today.
Emél van Zyl / Associate Director
+44 (0)207 048 2555