Central Services Manager – Guildford, UK
The Central Services Manager will direct and oversee the operational activities of the organisation, including Finance, CRM and Data, IT, Facilities and Events and Marketing and PR.
The Central Services Manager will manage a team that will ensure all the right processes, policies, systems, data and support are in place for the service delivery team to achieve their goals.
They will review and manage daily operations, aligned with revenue targets and the company’s strategies and goals, and ensure that best practice and compliance is maintained across all business operations.
The Central Services Manager will partner closely with the Service Delivery Director to ensure they have all the information and support they need to effectively manage the commercial team. And together with the Finance Manager, partner closely with the Directors on all financial matters; budgets; and costs.
The Central Services Manager will be integral in driving the GAP Talent culture that drives staff retention and engagement.
- Oversee the day-to-day operational functions within the business (namely Finance; IT; CRD and Data; Facilities, Services and Events and Marketing and PR), and find ways to better manage and improve operating procedures for optimal efficiency
- Work closely with the Leadership team to develop and implement the business plan, ensuring the Central Services team are equipped and able to support the growth of the organisation
- Oversee Finance department and ensure full planning and analysis of financials and report back to Directors on a monthly and quarterly basis, with recommendations based on data and information, partnering closely with the Directors to ensure sound financial decisions across the business
- Together with the Finance Manager, operate as a true finance business partner by regularly meeting with key members of the team to ensure they have all the financial data/budgets needed to make appropriate business decisions
- Work closely with the Finance Manager to ensure the Directors have sufficient cash flow for the business in order to facilitate operational growth
- Develop and control all operational budgets so the company has all the resources required to meet its objectives within agreed financial parameters and to maintain the financial strength of the company
- Measure the efficiency of the organisation’s operational processes and together with the team, assess and find ways to improve internal and external operational processes
- Recommend and embed policies and practices that improve company operations and promote the culture and vision of the company
- Manage, coach and mentor direct reports
- Empowering the operational team with the leadership and resources they need to successfully complete operations initiatives
- Measure and report on operational performance and develop plans to improve relevant key performance indicators
- Promote effective and clear internal and external communications
- Own and advise on all issues relating to operational functions and keep abreast of latest developments to ensure the Company maintains its competitive position
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent
- 10+ years experience in a similar role
- Proven experience managing a team of people, as a coach and mentor, in particular in an operations or finance environment
- Experience in a recruitment organisation would be advantageous
- Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to influence at a senior level
- Passionate about people and processes and ability to bring out the best in both
- Knowledge of legal compliance processes
- Relevant financial experience and strong financial acumen with ability to analyse data and outline appropriate recommendations
- Ability to mange multiple tasks and multiple priorities and lead a team with the same
- Well-honed problem-solving skills and critical thinking
- Risk management knowledge and experience
- Excellence in written and oral communication
If you haven’t heard from us in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.