Our global telecoms & media client which operates in the Caribbean is recruiting a Chief Compliance Officer. The role is part of the senior executive team with the Head of Internal Audit a direct report.
The role is a full time permanent expat opportunity and relocation and housing subsidy will be provided. The offices that are in an idyllic island setting that makes you want to wake up and get to the office. This role will suit an individual with strong compliance, risk management and insurance exposurewhich will be an advantage.
Top level responsibilties
- Develops compliance organizational strategies by contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Oversee Corporate governance committees
- Manage Code of Business Conduct & Ethics – register of any potential conflict of interests between employees & outside vendors.
- Manage Whistle-blowing procedure, including 3rd party managed toll-free hotlines and website to facilitate anonymous reporting of issues and concerns.
- Establishes compliance operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Develops compliance financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Responsible for the group’s GDPR process
- Protects assets by establishing compliance standards; anticipating emerging compliance trends; designing improvements to internal control structure.
- Achieve cost savings for the company through contractual scrutiny of third party arrangements and review of internal practices. eg. Rejecting contractual clauses that increase cost, or modifying clauses to reduce company risk; Negotiate with vendors to modify fixed terms to allow early termination without penalties
- Avoids legal challenges by understanding current and proposed legislation; enforcing regulations; recommending new procedures; complying with legal requirements
- Enhances compliance and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Pacakge estimated at $140,000 to $150,000 with housing subsidy.
- Full relocation covered