Regional Commercial Manager
A listed hospitality group are seeking to appoint an experienced Commercial Manager to oversee a wide portfolio of projects and properties across the Caribbean.
This is an international expat opportunity, with relocation and housing allowance provided and an attractive package offered based on experience.
The role requires negotiating, reviewing, and managing contracts, while ensuring compliance with legislative and financial regulations. Your ambition, drive, energy, personal skills, and communication abilities will be vital to your success. You must have extensive experience in a leadership role, overseeing numerous projects, and working with several site Project Managers. As this role deals with tight deadlines and complex projects, a hands-on approach and a willingness to be involved in ground-level work are necessary. You must have experience handling various contractual, technical, and organizational challenges that arise from construction projects from start to finish. Additionally, you should be able to persuade, negotiate and influence others, including senior leaders and a range of stakeholders across the organization. You must also have experience in successfully resolving complex disputes. Experience in delivering projects in the Caribbean and/or hotel/resort builds would be advantageous.
- Ensuring the effective contractual and commercial management of hospitality and resort projects
- Delivering timely, accurate and comprehensive financial reports
- Developing and maintaining effective procurement processes in line with local and international regulations, policies and practice
- Procuring professional services and implementing term contracts and construction contracts
- Overseeing the administration and commercial management of individual construction contracts
- Providing commercial management support for key suppliers
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant degree in Construction, preferably Masters
- Extensive experience as a Commercial Manager within the hospitality sector, ideally with large-scale resort projects
- Background as a Quantity Surveyor
- Experience procuring and managing term contracts, professional services and construction contracts
- High-level contract knowledge and experience preparing and administering construction contracts and consultant agreements
- Experience in Cost/Value Management
- Experience preparing financial models, viability appraisals and funding options for projects
If you think you’d be an excellent fit then please apply!